Model CK 06
An 6 inch Chef's Knife or Sandwich Knife is fashioned from 440C stainless tool steel, hardened and tempered to 60 HRC for robust edge retention. The wooden handle is tapered to fit your hand comfortably. The light weight balanced knife makes food preparation a pleasure.
The 6 inch Chef's knife, also known as a Sandwich Knife is the utility knife for everyday tasks. The long broad blade allows the chef to cut over the entire cutting board surface efficiently. The 3/4 inch relief between the heel of the blade and the handle allows slicing and dicing on the cutting board without knocking his (or her) knuckles. The six inch blade length is designed to provide precise control while cutting fruits, vegetables and meats. A chef will place the tip of the blade on the board and push the long cutting edge through the food with a rocking motion. The width of cut is determined by holding the blade against the knuckle of the hand holding the food on the board. Thus with two anchor points the chef has very precise control of the cutting edge.
The shorter blade is perfect for trimming meats, mincing garlic, and ginger root. The 1 1/2 inch wide blade is great for spreading condiments on sandwich bread. One can make repeatable pleasingly shaped slices, dices, minced or chopped ingredients for the meal. With a little practice, this can be done quite rapidly and safely.
Your knife will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Here are some guidelines for care and maintenance.
- Always wipe and dry your knife after use.
- Store your knife in a block or sheath for safety.
- Wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Like all fine knives, do not put in a dishwasher.
- Do not place your knife in an oven and avoid high heat. This can weaken the structure of the steel.
- Do not strike the knife with another metal object.
- Avoid dropping your knife on to hard surfaces such as sinks, concrete or tile floors.
- Sharpen your knife with an oil or water stone and hone with a strop for razor sharpness.
The handle of your knife is made of a naturally dense and oily wood. It is very durable, but not indestructible. Do not subject the handle to excessive heat, direct flame, acidic or caustic solutions or long-term submersion in liquid. Once a year rub the handle with a light coat of paste wax to preserve the finish.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Your knife is warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship. Return for repair or refund. Knives, By George is not responsible in cases of abuse and/or neglect.