Nessmuk Camp Knife
Model NM 02
A Nessmuk style camping/hunting knife for those who want to augment their skinning knife with a larger utility blade. Featuring a 5 inch broad blade made from CPM S35VN high carbon martensitic stainless tool steel. The blade has been hardened and tempered to 60 HRC. This produces an incredibly strong blade which holds an edge for a very long time. The polished wooden handle looks good and will last a long time. A very useful tool for every camping kit.
Can I make one for you?
Your knife will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Here are some guidelines for care and maintenance.
- Always wipe and dry your knife after use.
- Store your knife in a block or sheath for safety.
- Wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Like all fine knives, do not put in a dishwasher.
- Do not place your knife in an oven and avoid high heat. This can weaken the structure of the steel.
- Do not strike the knife with another metal object.
- Avoid dropping your knife on to hard surfaces such as sinks, concrete or tile floors.
- Sharpen your knife with an oil or water stone and hone with a strop for razor sharpness.
The handle of your knife is made of a naturally dense and oily wood. It is very durable, but not indestructible. Do not subject the handle to excessive heat, direct flame, acidic or caustic solutions or long-term submersion in liquid. Once a year rub the handle with a light coat of paste wax to preserve the finish.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Your knife is warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship. Return for repair or refund. Knives, By George is not responsible in cases of abuse and/or neglect.