Flounder Fillet Knife
Occasionally, you need a longer knife to fillet one of those huge Summer Flounders. Nothing makes a pretty fillet better than the single stroke on a long sharp fillet knife. This is a 7 inch fillet knife with a 6 1/2 inch cutting edge, made from 440C stainless steel with a form fit wood handle. The full tang handle is tapered from the butt to the blade for a comfortable non-slip grip. The wood has been sealed and waxed with a clear water proof finish. It is an 11 1/2 inch overall straight fillet knife with a strong semi-flexible 1/16 in. thick, 440C stainless steel blade tapered to 75 thousands of an inch. Currently I have knives with Brazilian Cherry and Black Walnut handles. Other woods are available on request. The knife comes with a premium 8-9 oz weight leather sheath.
Your knife will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Here are some guidelines for care and maintenance.
- Always wipe and dry your knife after use.
- Store your knife in a block or sheath for safety.
- Wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Like all fine knives, do not put in a dishwasher.
- Do not place your knife in an oven and avoid high heat. This can weaken the structure of the steel.
- Do not strike the knife with another metal object.
- Avoid dropping your knife on to hard surfaces such as sinks, concrete or tile floors.
- Sharpen your knife with an oil or water stone and hone with a strop for razor sharpness.
The handle of your knife is made of a naturally dense and oily wood. It is very durable, but not indestructible. Do not subject the handle to excessive heat, direct flame, acidic or caustic solutions or long-term submersion in liquid. Once a year rub the handle with a light coat of paste wax to preserve the finish.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Your knife is warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship. Return for repair or refund. Knives, By George is not responsible in cases of abuse and/or neglect.