Model CK 03.5, CK 03, CK 02.5
Paring Knifes are fashioned from 440C stainless tool steel, hardened and tempered to 60 HRC for robust edge retention. The wooden handle is tapered to fit your hand comfortably. The light weight balanced knife makes food preparation a pleasure.
The Paring Knife is your mothers favorite knife, constantly in use, peeling, pitting, and slicing fruits and vegetables. It is the most used knife for processing food from the garden and orchard. It is designed to be used in hand rather than on a cutting board. The light weight comfortable handle feels natural in the hand. The thin drop point blade glides through even the toughest vegetable. The paring knives come in several blade styles with the drop point and the clip point being the most versatile. The blades come in lengths to match the cooks hand span to make peeling and coring a natural motion. Its hard to use the tip of a paring knife that is too long.
These paring knife patterns have been time tested in country kitchens and are proven winners, certain to become your favorites too!
Your knife will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Here are some guidelines for care and maintenance.
- Always wipe and dry your knife after use.
- Store your knife in a block or sheath for safety.
- Wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Like all fine knives, do not put in a dishwasher.
- Do not place your knife in an oven and avoid high heat. This can weaken the structure of the steel.
- Do not strike the knife with another metal object.
- Avoid dropping your knife on to hard surfaces such as sinks, concrete or tile floors.
- Sharpen your knife with an oil or water stone and hone with a strop for razor sharpness.
The handle of your knife is made of a naturally dense and oily wood. It is very durable, but not indestructible. Do not subject the handle to excessive heat, direct flame, acidic or caustic solutions or long-term submersion in liquid. Once a year rub the handle with a light coat of paste wax to preserve the finish.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Your knife is warrantied against defects in materials or workmanship. Return for repair or refund. Knives, By George is not responsible in cases of abuse and/or neglect.